HomeArtist Bio/StudioArtwork for SaleFind Me HereCustomer Feedback

Sunday, December 23, 2012

My New Favorite Christmas Song! (We'll maybe my second.)

Hi Everyone!

Christmas is fast approaching and I wanted to share a little ditty with you all, as I had never heard this until I heard it sung at my daughter's high school winter concert!  It is a funny take-off of The Twelve Days of Christmas!  Just don't ask me to sing it to you.  :)

The first day after Christmas my true love and I had a fight, 

And so I chopped the pear tree down and burned it just for spite. 

Then with a single cartridge, I shot that blasted partridge, 

My true love, my true love, my true love gave to me. 

The second day after Christmas, I pulled on the old rubber gloves, 

And very gently wrung the necks of both the turtle doves. 

My true love, my true love, my true love gave to me. 

The third day after Christmas, my mother caught the croup; 

I had to use the three French hens to make some chicken soup. 

The four calling birds were a big mistake, 

for their language was obscene. 

The five gold rings were completely fake and they turned my fingers green . 

The sixth day after Christmas, the six laying geese wouldn't lay, 

I gave the whole darn gaggle to the A.S.P.C.A. 

On the seventh day what a mess I found, 

All seven of the swimming swans had drowned. 

My true love, my true love, my true love gave to me. 

The eighth day after Christmas, before they could suspect, 

I bundled up the eight maids a milking, nine pipers piping, Ten ladies dancing, Eleven lords a leaping, Twelve drummers drumming and sent them back collect. 

I wrote my true love, "We are through, love", 

and I said in so many words, 

"Furthermore your Christmas gifts were for the birds!"

HAHAHAHAHAHA!  I laughed so hard when the choir sang it!  I am sure we could all use a little giggle about now.

I also would like to shout out to my favorite girl in the whole world - my daughter, Valerie!  
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY!!  I LOVE YOU WITH EVERY FIBER OF MY BEING!  You are my Magnum Opus ... MY GREAT WORK!  The best thing I ever did or will ever make (with the help of God and your Dad!)  XOXOXO

Merry Christmas everyone!  (Two more days to shop! -- Hurry!)  

1 comment:

Zaa said...

Hey LeeAnn... I'm your newest follower...Nice blog girl...It's so nice to catch up with you again.... Merry Christmas and Happy New Year... See you around blog central and at whimsy, my dear...Hugs