HomeArtist Bio/StudioArtwork for SaleFind Me HereCustomer Feedback

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

"A Wink and a Smile" -- New Christmas Charmed Confection

Hi Everyone!

Hopefully this post finds you well and happy!  Things have settled down in the Charmed Confections' studio and I'm back to blogging.  Nice to come back and look at my site and see how this year has unfolded for me.  Blogging reminds me somewhat of a diary ... (that everyone can read) ... but it also is a wonderful reminder of where I've been and where I am headed.  Looking back at the art created and my progression, I am so very thankful to be able to do what I love -- even if it is only part time due to the day job.  :)

But, before I get ahead of myself, I would like to say, "Thank You" to all of my followers and collectors.  Without you, my art has no wings!  I truly mean this.  There is no greater satisfaction than seeing someone delight in what you create.  I thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for this opportunity to share a little of me with you!

Since I have not blogged in a while, there is so much to catch up on.  I will have to do it in a few postings.  My Halloween shows were wonderful!  Halloween and Vine in Petaluma, CA, once again, was a huge hit!  I just loved seeing my fellow artists and their amazing works!  This year the art was incredible!  Loved seeing some of my collectors again and meeting new ones too!  I have much to share on my Halloween art, but will post about that soon, giving you finished pictures of some of the art you didn't see here.

As for today, I would like to introduce you to "A Wink and a Smile".  This sweet Santa is going to be displayed in a local gallery here in Sacramento, CA.  The gallery is called, The Art of Toys.  You can visit it by going to www.artoftoys.com.  I belong to a local artist doll group called, DollWorks.  We have been invited to show and sell our art at the gallery.  I am really excited, as this will be my first piece ever in a gallery.  Sounds fancy!  Ha! Ha!  In all seriousness, I am thrilled by this opportunity.  Who would have thought my art would take me there?  I still consider myself as learning this art form.  I don't think that will ever go away.

Anyway, I hope you like him!  Santa is 15 1/2" tall - sculpted out of paper clay.


 
I also wanted to mention that I did a really dumb thing lately.  In deleting my spam emails, I happened to delete my entire inbox.  Yup!  Gone!  So, if you sent me an email in the past that I did not respond to, please forgive me.  I am starting from scratch again.  Drop me a line and I will get back to you. Promise!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! Sending out big hugs to you all!






No comments: